NCFE CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
You will need to complete 5 mandatory units to achieve this qualification
The mandatory units are:
• enabling children to learn
• promoting health and well-being through physical activity and nutrition co- ordination (PANCo) in the early years
• working with others to support children with additional needs, including Special Educational Needs and Disability
• working with families and other professionals in early years settings
• implementing change in an early years setting incorporating a small scale research project.
This qualification will equip you with knowledge, understanding and skills across a range of key subject areas:
• holistic learning of babies and children from birth to five years of age
• statutory planning and monitoring requirements in your own country
• the benefits of physical activity, and the importance of diet, to the health and well-being of babies, children and their families
• effective inclusion of children in early years settings
• the responsibilities of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo)
within early years settings, to promote children’s learning and development.
• statutory requirements for working in partnership with families
• how effective partnership working with other professionals can improve the care and development of babies and children in own setting
• reflection on practice, and using current research to produce recommendations for improvements to your own setting.
This qualification is a good choice for you if you are looking to progress to become an Advanced Practitioner within the early years workforce.
The Advanced Practitioner will use crucial leadership skills to mentor others across all roles and responsibilities in the early years workforce.
Comparison to similar qualifications
This is the only mainstream Level 4 Early Years qualification offered by CACHE. It has been designed to bridge the gap between Level 3 and Level 5 in the early years workforce and support progression.
The only similar qualifications CACHE offers are the following specialist Early Years qualifications focusing on the Montessori and Steiner approaches:
• NCFE CACHE Level 4 Diploma in Montessori Pedagogy – Birth to Seven (Early
• NCFE CACHE Level 4 Diploma in Steiner Waldorf Early Childhood Studies
(Early Years Educator)
How the qualification supports the identified outcomes
Through this qualification, you will gain the required knowledge, understanding and skills to progress from a full Level 3 Early Years or Childcare qualification, up to a Level 5 qualification, such as the Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (England). The qualification will also prepare you for further study of early years in higher education.
You could progress to the following job roles and responsibilities:
• Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo)
• Physical Activity and Nutrition Coordinator (PANCo)
• internal progression at a higher level, including those with management responsibilities
• leadership, mentoring, supervision and management opportunities.